xsl-list

RE: Import HREF

2003-06-13 09:10:54
Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Mike Brown
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 10:12 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Import HREF

This is just an educated guess but... You're wanting "/" to
be the web root, but the URI resolver used by the XSLT
processor is probably not aware of how your web server is
configured. "/stuff" to it means something like
"file:///C:/stuff" ... so try prefacing the href with
/real/path/to/the/web/root (whatever it is).

You could use the APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH server variable to get the root path
and concat with the web path.
Something like (in VB):
 filepath = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") &
"/Utility/.../file"

Notice that this might not work if you have virtual directories in your web
path.

Karl J. Stubsjoen wrote:
MSXML4.0 on a Windows 2k Server
Transformation is being invoked with ASP... XML Object, a
Stylsheet, a
Template and a Processor. I have an ASP class which resides in my
/Utility folder and handles the above.  This ASP class is
invoked by
many asp pages on the web site.  This class relies on
dbXMLContent_t.xsl as the default stylesheet to transform
the XML data
supplied.  The user (web developer - me) has the option of
overriding
this default stylesheet (usually 1 or 2 of the many
template matches
are overriden).

I can live with the "../../" URI reference, but was hoping
there was a
more "absolute" way.  It just means that I have to be aware of this
path when I create a new override stylesheet for the above template.

Karl