xsl-list

unefficiate xpaths

2003-06-09 13:22:26
I am not sure how much help anyone can give me on this, but any help would
be very much appreciated.  I have a rather large (1.5 meg) xml file and it
is taking about 11 mins to evaluate this xsl:for-each statement... I haven't
been using xsl for long, so I may be going about it completely wrong

<xsl:for-each select="//clients/client[count(commissions/commission[earnerId
= //earners/earner[type = $rptType]/id]) = 0 and <website=$prodClass)]">

$rptType and $prodClass are both global variables

I know this doesn't tell you much about how much processing is going on...
but there has to be a more efficient way of getting the nodes I want than
the 11 min. example I have above...