xsl-list

XSLT processor

2003-06-04 02:22:47
What an XSLT processor do?

Does XSLT processor use XML parser to parse XSL
statements?
I mean I think there are two scenarios for XSL
statements processing:
1)XSLT processors have their own parser to parse
statements
2)They use XML parsers to parse XSL stataments and
then walk on the DOM tree generated by the XML parser
to find the XSL expressions.Process these expressions
and modify this tree according to this statements

I think the second one is more realistic.
Am I right? If someone can explain what XSLT exactly
does, I would be grateful

And lastly, what kind of tree(or any other data
structure) is used by XPath to store XML nodes?

Thanks in advance.