xsl-list

Re: Re: Duplicates

2003-06-04 00:21:24
--- David wrote:

There are real cases when this is simply unavoidable,
Ah maybe you (and Lars, in other threads today) are turning into Jeni
and can now read users real questions irrespective of the actual text in
the message:-)

To be compared with Jeni is a real compliment for me. Thanks.

I really miss Jeni in this list.

  Can anybody help me. I want to filter duplicates without use of keys and
  preceding-sibling

I didn't read this as being in a case where keys won't work
(preceding-sibling wouldn't work in that case either, but preceding
would) rather a case where they would work but were not wanted (for some
reason)

In the case of a node-set consisting of nodes from different trees "preceding"
is
unusable either.

One solution is to use the "make-distinct" template from FXSL. This solution
was first posted in xsl-list a year and a half ago:

lots of good stuff in FXSL...

Hope more will be coming.

=====
Cheers,