xsl-list

Re: XPATH to be used in a for-each loop wherein the XPATH is stored in a <xsl:variable>

2003-07-25 10:32:20
Rahul,

The only other way to do it is to use two stylesheets. The first generates a stylesheet in which the XPath appears as an honest XPath, not a string. Then you run this stylesheet over your source document.

Check the FAQ or another online resource on stylesheets to generate stylesheets. (Your first stylesheet may be pretty simple: it's just a copy of your second stylesheet with a call to include the value of your variable as the expression in the relevant spot.) Once you've tried that, ask again if you get stuck: there are list readers who have done this.

Regards,
Wendell