xsl-list

Re: How to get output XML same as input XML?

2003-07-14 05:06:55

If I read your samples correctly, what you are trying to say is that
your stylesheet copied an attribute interact:isParameter
to the result and did not place a suitable namespace declaration in the
linearisation of the result tree.

If so that does not show a limitation in XSLT, it is simply a bug in
your processor.

me>I suspect your terminology here is non standard. a well formed document
me>can only have one child element of the root node.

Correct.  I am feeding two child elements of my root node separately to
separate callings of the XSL processor.
As I suspected, they are not children of the root node, they are
children of the topmost element, root nodes are not elements in Xpath.

So the following will be picked up by the
processor as illegal:

<xsl:template name="openElement">
 <myElement>
</xsl:template>

That of course isn't an XSLT restriction, the input would not be  passed
to XSLT at all as it wouldn't get past teh XML parser.

If my output method is text then this problem does not happen.
that input would be an error to any XML application, and in particular
to XSLt, whatever output type.

 Otherwise
I have to write more code which serializes every element into text, and I
would like to have as much of that done for me as I can.

It's only a couple of templates, or a single extension function, both of
which can easily be found in the archives, the work is already done for
you.

David