xsl-list

Re: XSL/XPath Dynamic sort key

2003-07-11 10:52:37
Yes I have, since my comment, written a perl script for the web that accepts arguments for the saxon params and then uses a system() to run it and display the results. Works great!

> The reason I can't use saxon, even though I would really like to, is I
> need it web enabed. (I am assuming here that using saxon limits you to
> the local command line, which I'm sure is completely wrong)

it depends a bit what you mean by "web enabled". If you mean running in
the client saxon could, being java, be set up to run in an applet I
suppose but i don't think people do that, but if you mean running on the
server then that is certainly possible, saxon comes with some examples
running as a servelet I think, and xalan (which has a similar set of
extensions) is often used inside the cocoon server setup.

David