xsl-list

template match on attribute, copy but change value

2003-07-10 15:51:08
Hi,
I'm attempting to find a single attribute and change it's value. I thought this should be simple, but it just doesn't seem to be working. Looking at the Rec it says that xsl:copy is not allowed to copy the attribute and change it's value (what it looks like in the archives that I found as well). So my question is, can I use the identity transform, then have a template matching a specific attribute and copy the attribute to the result, but change it's value?

XML File:
<test>
 <Element myAtt="test">
   <child/>
 </Element>
</test>

XSL File:

 <xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="@myAtt">
   <xsl:copy> <!-- this is ignored and will not let me change the value -->
   <xsl:value-of select="'hi there'"/>
   </xsl:copy>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="node()|@*">