xsl-list

RE: Using not(...a nd ... ) to select nodes

2003-07-10 15:54:12
That did it!

Thanks!

And I did that search on google... Wow...

I can see I still have soooo much to learn.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

this is a grouping problem (ask google for muenchian
grouping) assuming you want to distinguish on all those child
elements and attributes, and none of them have a : character
(any character you can use as a separator) then first build a key:

<xsl:key name="x" match="item" use="
concat(name,':',type,':',carried,':',cost/@name,':',cost/@valu
e,':',weight)"/>

now step through all the items, just taking the first with
each key value

<xsl:for-each select="items/item[ generate-id(.)=generate-id(key('x',
concat(name,':',type,':',carried,':',cost/@name,':',cost(_at_)value
,':',weight))[1])]">
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
or whatever else you want to do with these items </xsl:for-each>

Not tested

David