xsl-list

RE: identity transform - include CDATA's, etc

2003-07-09 01:43:01
if the identity transform outputs:
<a>b<a>
this is fine, but if it outputs:
<a>b</a>
this is not, as it could obviously run into problems when the '<' signs
aren't xml but something else (eg javascript code).  in this case, the
source document would be valid xml b/c of the CDATA beginning and end
markers, but the output would not be.

Sorry if I miss the point because I havent followed this thread, but do you
just want to set

cdata-section-elements="script" on xsl:output

then wrap all of the javascript in your stylesheet in

<script>
</script>

and the serialiser will output all of you javascript in cdata sections

cheers
andrew

---