xsl-list

Re: Precedence of template rules on xsl:import

2003-07-04 06:33:35
Well, I was looking for an alternative to what I was doing and David and Jeni
provided me with it (thnx a lot by the way). Another alternative that I found
out myself the same second I pushed the send button was to use named
templates.But the include does it for now...

/Marcus

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 2:59 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] Precedence of template rules on xsl:import

But there is a but
here, namely that the main stylesheet will be generated from
a config file so I want that the order of the imports
shouldn't matter.

But the XSLT specification says that the order of imports does matter,
and if you are generating XSLT then I'm afraid you have to live with the
spec as written.

Michael Kay