xsl-list

XSLT Architecture: Next Step

2003-07-03 05:11:04
I've been looking at Didier's article,
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/04/19/style/index.html, and I found it very
usefull. Now I have some opinions that brought to my attention.

From what I read on it and previously in other articles about the subject, my
first impression was that XSLT pourpose was to perform the presentation of
data in a browser or cel phone or whatever (which is also well explained on
Didier's article). While doing this, one could preserve the logic of
extracting and calculation to the server, in which ever is the language that
somebody likes to work, from let's say, an RDB/IMS/VSAM to a XML structure.
This way the resulting data was transfered to the client machine, where an
XSLT schema presented in the way the view device need it (HTML/WAP/Voice).

Now, from the msgs I see on the list I see that people pretend to use XSLT for
whatever they figure out (maybe also for cooking).

The question is (or are): Do you share these views?

Regards, Claudio.