xsl-list

RE: quick xpath question - using variable as attribute valu e?

2003-07-01 14:32:21

Ouch. I am not guessing wildly...although it may appear
so...but I was having trouble with using the syntax I'm used
to in visual basic

I'm sorry my message was rather abrupt. What I saw was that you were
trying to use & as a concatenation operator in XPath, it looked to me as
if you were just guessing what the right operator might be. I realised a
little later that you were actually confused as to where the boundary
between XPath and Visual Basic is. I should have looked more deeply and
tried to understand where your "concept barriers" were.

Writing in multiple languages at once is always messy and is best
avoided if you possibly can. Certainly it's best to master each language
on its own first, before you try integrating it.

Michael Kay