xsl-list

RE: Different Colors for Alternating Rows

2003-07-01 12:43:31
Kevin,
Americo,

Thanks, but it still shows every row with "oddStyle" even with the
corrected code.

Rechell

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Jones [mailto:kjones(_at_)sarvega(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 3:20 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Cc: melinor(_at_)sapo(_dot_)pt; Schwartz, Rechell R, ALABS
Subject: Re: [xsl] Different Colors for Alternating Rows

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 18:42, Americo Albuquerque wrote:

Kevin,

This time I didn't get the error and the performance was
excellent (only about 6 seconds), BUT every row came out with
the oddStyle. Any clue what is wrong?

In your <xsl:template name='copytr'> change <xsl:when
test="$even=true()">
to <xsl:when test="$even='true'"> and it might work (just in case you
missed the line I'm writing the complete template in the end of this
email)

That happens because $even is bound to the value of a string attribute
and
here you are comparing its value with true, so the result will always
be
false and you'll get all oddStyle.

Americo, thanks for pointing out the error. Should learn to check code
before
hacking changes in at the last minute.

Rechell, the 6 seconds actually sounds a bit slow. I clocked it at just
under
1 sec on a 2.4GHz Linux setup with 6000 entries. This may indicate some
configuration problems or it may just be due to differences in input
data
and/or hardware/software. Not sure if you need any better than this but
think I mentioned the DVC equivalent is slightly quicker, 10-20% or so.

Kev.