xsl-list

RE: xsl:sort in old MSXML

2003-07-01 10:42:11
David,

I see...

Sorry, I'm probably borrowing much of your time (and the rest in the list).

Just to wrap up:

In my Mainframe/Midrange over 22 years experience:

1) Data Base: XML.
2) Language Processor: HTML + XSLT (with "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
as the standard).
3) Embeded Data Access: ¿DOM?
4) Presentation: Browser that accepts standard XSLT language + ¿DOM?.

Where could I find an arquitectural model of the overall process?

Claudio.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Martes, 01 de Julio de 2003 02:21 p.m.
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML

So XSLT with saxon or xalan extensions is run in machines that have
these products interpreter installed on them?

Yes (where else would could they run?)  If you write a stylesheet that
uses extenions specific for saxon, then it can only be run with saxon.

Please read the XSLT specification's section on extensions, or a
book. It is possible to write styesheets that contain extensions for
many different processors, and will work on all of them, but each
processor usually only understands its own extesnions, although many
also understand the extensions in the EXSLT namespace, which is a common
specification of XSLT extension functions.

David