xsl-list

RE: XSL-FO book recommendations?

2003-08-11 23:48:15
I have seen those tutorials and they are quite good. There are a few
more out there and if you google around with a few keywords you will
find them. Of course, even I was interested in hearing what some people
(other than the authors) had to say about books they might have used.

I did have a brief look at Definitive XSL-FO at the nearby Barnes &
Nobles. It looked quite simple to follow, but I doubt if I can give an
accurate review or comparison.

Abhishek Sanwal
HP - Houston Campus
abhishek(_dot_)sanwal(_at_)hp(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tokushige Kobayashi [mailto:koba(_at_)antenna(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 7:32 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO book recommendations?

Dear Philip,

I think I'm looking for a more tutorial-style complement to the W3C
spec
which is a reference.

I'll probably be using Java and XSLT to transform XML documents in
order to
generate XSL-FO code, if that makes a difference.

Going by the Amazon.com reviews, they all seem to be good... but there
aren't that many reviews of each (four, two, and one, respectively) so
that
makes it a little harder to judge.

We offer a tutorial to write XSL Stylesheet to transform XML to XSL-FO.

"How to Develop Stylesheets for XML to XSL-FO Transformation"

You may download it from here:

 http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm

If you will needs introduction to XSL-FO, RenderX offers:

 http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html

It is easy one.

Regards

Tokushige Kobayashi
Antenna House, Inc.
E-mail koba(_at_)antenna(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp
WWW    http://www.antenna.co.jp/
WWW    http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
TEL    +81-3-3234-1361(direct call)
FAX    +81-3-3221-9975