xsl-list

RE: Using URL parameters in XSL

2003-08-12 00:37:56
This all taking place in a local environment, in a web
browser. In fact
it's a web page which generates the parameter (the whole URL
to the XML
file, actually) which somehow needs to be passed to the XSLT code in
question. I don't see how that web page can have the facility to pass
them into the XSLT code as parameters.

Of course you can pass parameters into the transformation when you
invoke it from script on your HTML page.

Are you saying that you are invoking the transformation using the
<?xml-stylesheet?> PI? If that's the case, then I agree your options are
very limited.

Michael Kay

 You're talking about the
application writing out the XSLT with the pertinent parameter intact,
right? Or am I misunderstanding? Any way to pass info from
one page to
another, such that the xslt processor in the second page can
get access
to that info before the transform, in a local environment, would be
sufficient, but I'm starting to think I will have to use a
much messier
javascript solution.

Thanks,