xsl-list

Re: Sorting Upper-Case first. Microsoft bug?

2003-08-07 05:27:15
Mukul,

Actually, Numbers are part of my alphabet and I often want to sort them lexicographically
as parts of labels, file names etc. :)

Its always possible to provide more than one sorting method. I suspect the bigger
question is "user defined" as then this whole issue kind of goes away.

Stan Devitt

Mukul Gandhi wrote:

Hi Stan,
 in real world XML files, variety of data is possible
*with liklyhood of numbers also existing along with
alphabets*, so i think popular XSLT processors have to
implement with some way of providing sorted order to
such data. i feel that is why, true lexicographic
meaning is not possible with XSLT processors ..