xsl-list

RE: Re: Relation between Memory /Time Problem and OS ??

2003-09-23 08:58:21
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Even if msxsl is showing 0 milliseconds for loading xml document of 6 MB and 0
milliseconds for exeucting it, it is taking long time to complete the process
and give the output. The only reason for this which i guess now is the
priority of this process and the number of processes running on the server.
And on top of this i know my algorithim is inefficient, now i am curious to
find out with the same algorithm which all parameters comes into picture to
get the actual performance.

So as Kevin pointed out, some way of benchmarking the performance must be
deployed, so i think doing that I would come out with some concrete reasons. I
will also try to make that process with highest priority and then check its
performance.

Thanks for replying and throwing lights on this issue.

Regards,
Dipesh

What I mean is:
The only process taking more time was the loading of the  stylesheet, but
there are other factors to take into account: i.e. transfer-rate of the hard
drive, the number of processes running on both computers (probably more
processes on the server, which could explain why it took slightly longer to
load the stylesheet as well as the fact that it didn't seem to return as
quickly... the operation might have already been finished, while there were
still processes running with a higher priority)