xsl-list

Re: Formatting XSL for XML to CSV translation

2003-09-18 09:19:12

  2) Process the rows like this.  For clarity I ignore the need to
  suppress the last trailing comma, then later I deal with it -

  <xsl:template match="row">
        <xsl:apply-templates select='@*' mode='fields'/>
        <xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text> <!-- or any other characters you
  want-->
  </xsl:template>

Ypu should add an xsl:sort here (eg on name()) as otherwise your columns
will come out in arbitrary order, and possibly different orders
on each row.

However, the
order should not be important because with a relational database,

but in a csv file if each row has things in a different order how can
you know which field is which?

David