xsl-list

conditional looping in a for loop based on look ahead

2003-09-18 09:15:08
First of all my apologies for the previous two
messages which were incomplete.

I am trying to apply stylesheet on following xml
structure.

<head>
</head>
  <h3>header1</h3>
  <foo>ppp</foo>
  <h3>header2</h3>

and I want to write all the headers(h3 elements) to
one file. The value of div elements for first header (
xxxx, yyy and zzz )to another file and value of div
elements ( mmm ) to another file. In my stylesheets I
have first a foor loop for h3 elements and a nested
for loop for div elements. How do skip the second loop
(div loop) when I am done with the div elements of
each header? For example when I am done processing div
elements with values xxxx, yyy and zzz, I would want
to stop writing to the file and skip the div loop. I
was thinking of comparing the id generated by
generate-id() for div elements with the id of the div
element following next h3 but do not how to do
that(somehow use following-sibling::h3 and find the id
of the following div element).

Can anybody give me any pointers.

--Njs