xsl-list

Re: [recursion pattern] sophisticated problem

2003-09-17 02:28:59
It's quite more complex. In the meantime I solved it with the recursion pattern.

The result document is a xsl stylesheet for use in an other transformation
holding
the template document. Node X is a xsl:for-each node. While the others are
nodes of the template document. The idea is weaving data into the template.
Constraint: I don't know the structure of the template input tree. It could be
any document.

My solution is this:
I test the first following sibling node of the current node.
Depending on that I decide to start the next level with the container node X.
In the next recursion levels I test if the current node is the last one that
should
be contained in the container node X. Then i Terminate the recursion.
Significant is now that the rest of the list will not be processed.
So it was necessary to catch the processing at the rec level where I inserted
the X node and evaluated the rest of the nodes ( note: in this level there is a
list containing
the nodes C and D, but we must get rid of them to get a proper result ) to
start the recursion once again
with the rest.

Figure: recursion stack

                                D               F
                        C               E
                                        ^- pass to rec [E,F]; pass not [C,D,E,F]

Romeo