xsl-list

RE: Server-side transform with .asp file instead of .xml

2003-09-16 14:29:27
Hi
You can do it by using the ServerXMLHTTP object

Just do:

Set http = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
http.open "url to asp page"
http.send

Set xml = http.responseXML

You'll need msxml3 or msxml4 to use it

Regards,
Americo Albuquerque

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Noelle
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 12:00 AM
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Server-side transform with .asp file instead of .xml

Hi,

(...)

However, I need it to be able to access "main.asp" and
transform the XML created there instead of using a static
"main.xml" file. Can anyone suggest how I can get it to
recognise the XML code in an ASP page?  I had intended to use
the above code in the "main.asp" file that was creating the XML.

If any further snippets of code or clarification of what I'm
asking (or
doing) is needed, please just say so.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
-Noelle