xsl-list

RE: Server-side transform with .asp file instead of .xml

2003-09-16 00:48:36
well, w/o knowing the specific syntax, why not make a regular http request,
store the response in a variable, and load the xml as a var, instead of an
external file ? the problem is that you want the result of the main.asp
processing to be loaded up, one thought have you given it a full http path ?

xml.load("http://www.someserver.com/main.asp";)

btw, here are all the reg places that may help u;

www.netcrucible.com
www.dpawson.co.uk
www.topxml.com

gl, jim fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Noelle [mailto:ng302(_at_)soton(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 16 September 2003 00:00
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Server-side transform with .asp file instead of .xml

Hi,

This may be a little out of scope for this list, but I thought it didn't
hurt to ask.  Please point me elsewhere if it is.

I've been using ASP to write my XML files for use on the web (using XSLT to
transform them to xhtml) and I need to be able to perform a server-side
transform in some cases. It worked just fine when I tested it with a static
XML document (i.e. with the .xml extension), but I need to transform the XML
that the ASP file is producing.

This is what I've been using as a base for the transform code:

<%
set xml = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xml.async = false
xml.load(Server.MapPath("main.xml"))

set xsl = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xsl.async = false
xsl.load(Server.MapPath("main.xsl"))

Response.Write(xml.transformNode(xsl))
%>

However, I need it to be able to access "main.asp" and transform the XML
created there instead of using a static "main.xml" file. Can anyone suggest
how I can get it to recognise the XML code in an ASP page?  I had intended
to use the above code in the "main.asp" file that was creating the XML.

If any further snippets of code or clarification of what I'm asking (or
doing) is needed, please just say so.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
-Noelle