xsl-list

RE: A difference in node builds

2003-09-09 07:23:53
The whitespace difference was apparent to me, too.  But the problem was that
all the extra whitespace seemed to be coming from NODE2 which is imported
from FILE1.

I found a thread on this forum that suggested a change to the named
xsl:output indent attribute to "no".   I then rebuilt FILE1 from the start
with the altered indent spec.  Now, when I compare the NODE2 from the file
system with the fresh NODE1, they are identical.

If I make a slight change to either a text node or to an attribute value in
FILE1, deep-equal() detects the difference with NODE1 and acts accordingly.
I will only be comfortable with this after a lot more testing but the
results are certainly encouraging.

Chuck Vorndran