xsl-list

RE: Handling Duplicate Lines in XSL

2003-10-31 13:40:40
Pietschmann,

    Sorry for not being clear on what it was doing. I was getting output as

Cust1 443 West
Cust1 443 East
Cust1 443 West

that means it is returning all the values without suppressing the duplicate
values

I tried with your suggestion, but still getting the same result.

thanks for your help.

~Mur

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 3:06 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Handling Duplicate Lines in XSL

Murali Korrapati wrote:
But I have a slightly different problem though.

<xsl:for-each select="root[not(foo/bar = preceding-sibling::foo/bar)]">
    <xsl:value-of select="."/><br/>
</xsl:for-each>

You probably want to select the foo instead of the root element:
  <xsl:for-each select="root/foo[not(bar = ../preceding-sibling::foo/bar)]">

but, it doesn't seem like working.
Well, there are many ways to "not work". You should be
more specific, for example "no output" or "I got this
output ..."

J.Pietschmann