xsl-list

RE: retaining "xml:" prefix on attribute name

2003-10-30 01:28:23
I'm puzzled as to why you should want an xml:lang attribute in HTML
output, since it's not legal HTML.

The serialization spec says that the HTML output method should output
namespaced elements as if they were XML, but it says nothing about
namespaced attributes on non-namespaced elements. So I guess your XSLT
processor is within its rights to drop the prefix, though it seems an
odd decision to me.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Saverio Perugini
Sent: 29 October 2003 22:25
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] retaining "xml:" prefix on attribute name

Hello,

I'm trying to make an XSLT stylesheet include the following
element in its result document.

<grammar version="1.0" xml:lang="en-US"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar"; root="root">

The resulting document must be html.
However, when I use <xsl:output method="html"/>, I get

<grammar version="1.0" lang="en-US"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar"; root="root"> (i.e.,
the "xml:" prefix on the lang attribute is removed!).

When I use <xsl:output method="xml"/>, the "xml:" prefix
remains. I however need html, not xml, output.  I am using
libxslt. Is it possible to retain the "xml:" prefix on the
lang attribute in HTML output?

Thanks,
Saverio