xsl-list

Re: Converting specific child elements into attriutes of parent

2003-10-29 19:05:46
Hi Ganesh,
If you can post the desired o/p, it'll be nice..

Regards,
Mukul

--- "Sindigi, Ganesh K"
<SindiGK(_at_)LOUISVILLE(_dot_)STORTEK(_dot_)COM> wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to convert specific child
elements into attributes of the
parent node.  I looked through archive, there was a
topic of converting all
children to attributes of the root.  I followed the
same thing and tried to
convert a specific child element, but i am getting
following error.
elmToAtt.xsl; Line 18; Column -1; name() has an
illegal attribute: {1}
I would like to copy the xml document and convert
only specific elements
into attributes.
I am not able to make out why this error is, but to
no avail.  Hoping that
anybody in the list would help to resolve .

(I had posted this on XSLTalk group, but i wasnt
able to c the message, so
re-posting this.)

Thanks,
Ganesh.

Here is my styleSheet, elmToAtt.xsl:
<xsl:stylesheet
   version="1.0">
   <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
   <xsl:template match="*">
      <xsl:copy>
         <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
         <xsl:apply-templates />
      </xsl:copy>
   </xsl:template>
   <xsl:template match="@*">
      <xsl:copy/>
   </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="id">
      <xsl:attribute name="name()">
         <xsl:value-of select="text()"/>
      </xsl:attribute>
   </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="value"><xsl:value-of
select="text()"/></xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Here is XML document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>