xsl-list

RE: adding a namespace to a stylesheet automatically

2003-10-29 12:27:52
I wrote:
The OP didn't want to prefix the elements or the
attributes, he wanted
to add prefixes to the names appearing within XPath
expressions within
the content of the attributes. That clearly needs an XPath
parser, which
makes it unlikely that anyone will offer a working solution.

Michael Kay

It was my impression that there were some open-source programs
out there that used XPath parsers, e.g. XPath expression tracer/
debuggers. Guess I'll look into that some more.

Another way to ask this is, has anyone had success hooking into
existing open-source XSLT processors like Xalan or Saxon that
include XPath parsers, or say the Perl XML::XPath module,
and adding custom functionality?
(Some other possibilities I've run across include SAXPath
[http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1321] and
4suite.)

Application 1: as described previously, the oft-needed requirement
to add namespace prefixes to element names in XPath expressions.

Application 2: to validate existing XPath expressions against
sample source documents in order to catch errors in the XPath
expressions.

Lars