xsl-list

RE: xml and xslt to html attribute problems

2003-10-29 02:00:59
Hi,

Hello, I want to use sth. like

What is "sth"?

    <topic name="Mygreatlongword<br>onabeautifulmorning">

 with following xslt code

to get this html code

    Mygreatlongword
    onabeautifulmorning

But I can´t use a <br> in the quotes in my xml file. Is there
any other
solution?

No. That is malformed XML, you can't have unescaped LESS-THAN SIGN character in
attribute value. Change your source document to

  <topic>

or use a LINE FEED in your source

  <topic name="Mygreatlongword&#xA;onabeautifulmorning">

and write or copy/paste a recursive template that replaces the LINE FEED with a
br element. See the FAQ on how to do this.

Cheers,

Jarno - Cycloon: Nemesis