xsl-list

Re: importing stylesheets from remote host

2003-10-21 06:39:54
URIResolver was what I needed.
Thanks a lot
James

--- "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de> wrote:
klute wrote:
the default behaviour is to look for the imported
stylesheets on the host where the transformation
happens (in my case this would be host A). That's
not
what i want since all of my stylesheets reside on
the
remost host B and I am tryiong to avoid hardcoding
host B within each <xsl:import>.

I don't think this is correct, if xsl:import has a
relative
URI, it should be resolved against the URI of the
style sheet.
If this was downloaded from another machine, so will
be the
imported files.
WIth a JAXP 1.1 compatible processor like Xalan this
can
be overridden with an URIResolver. The Apache XML
commons
  http://xml.apache.org/commons
(IIRC)
has such a beast working with various sorts of
catalogs,
which can take care of DTDs also.

J.Pietschmann

 XSL-List info and archive: