xsl-list

RE: Entity reference problem

2003-10-17 17:15:29

less sure why - is not being used, unless you're right and its not
being declared correctly?

The standard process is to run the XSLT standalone (instead of
processing straight into PDF), examine the result and check whether
the ‐ indeed is replaced with a U+002D. If so, it's indeed
most likely a font issue, otherwise, something else screwed up,
and I'd check with an identity transformation whether it's the
XSLT or the parser (or the DTD).

It was being declared properly.  The problem was with Altova's parser (must
be a bug).  I ran the transformation from the command line with Saxon, and I
now have hyphens.  That's the last time I use their built-in parser.

Thanks for all the help.

-Ryan Graham