xsl-list

RE: Encoding problem !!

2003-10-16 08:22:33
I find it simplest to just use UTF-8 for everything, since all processors
should work with UTF-8 and UTF-16 at a minimum.  The Microsoft documentation
does indicate that it works with ISO-8859-1 so that would seem to me to mean
that your document claims to be ISO-8859-1 encoded, but is actually something
else.

This may also be of interest:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Dipesh
Khakhkhar
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 9:49 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Encoding problem !!

Hi,

I am having one xsl in which I have mentioned the ouput format as

<xsl:output method="text" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

When i ran my input file using msxsl processor it gave me error like
"Unable to save character to ISO-8859-1 encoding.

When i ran the same on the processor used by XML Spy it worked well and gave
me output without error.

Which type of character will be most efficently used across cross platform.

Can someone please throw lights on this issue.
Thanks in the anticipation that i will get chance to increase my knowledge in
this area.

Regards,
Dipesh