xsl-list

RE: Replace Apostrophe Template -- very brief example...not working

2003-10-10 13:13:37
Sorry...

The template from J. works except I not only get the \' in the html source,
I also get it when it parses to the browser. For example "Kathy's" turns
into Kathy\'s in both places and my javascript is still complaining about
the apostrophe.

Any further suggestions?

I tried calling the replace-apos template with various elements...same
problem. I really need to do this  at the text() level because I have
several child elements in my <para> element that disappear otherwise.

thanks again, Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 3:32 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Replace Apostrophe Template -- very brief
example...not working

Kathy Burke wrote:

I did TRY calling it, but must not have done it correctly. Were would I
call
it from, Tom? I would like it to apply to all output content.

Try a template for text:
  <xsl:template match="text()">
    <xsl:call-template name="escape-apos">
       <xsl:with-param name="string" select="."/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:template>

Change your template to
  <xsl:template name="escape-apos" match="text()">
    <xsl:param name="string" select="."/>

should have the same effect (beware, untested).

J.Pietschmann