xsl-list

RE: Replace Apostrophe Template -- very brief example...not working

2003-10-10 12:39:45
UGH...I had forgotten the with-param!  Thanks...works great.  Learned
something new.

I really appreciate the responses.

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: Passin, Tom [mailto:tpassin(_at_)mitretek(_dot_)org]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 3:21 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Replace Apostrophe Template -- very brief
example...not working

[ Kathy Burke]

I did TRY calling it, but must not have done it correctly.

Guess not, since you did not have an xsl:call-template instruction in
the stylesheet you posted.  If you do not invoke a template with its
match expression, and you do not call it by name, there is no other way
to apply it.

Were would I call
it from, Tom? I would like it to apply to all output content.

As an example, for just the para element -

<xsl:template match="para">
      <xsl:with-param name='string' select='.'/>
      </xsl:call-template></p>
</xsl:template>

In general, anywhere you would otherwise insert the string value of an
element, you would call the template instead.

Cheers,

Tom P