xsl-list

RE: using node-set() extension function across vendors

2003-10-08 14:08:12
The official answer is using function-available().

But you could try a solution that uses entities: replace the
xx:node-set(expr) by &xx-node-set;(expr), and use EntityResolvers,
catalogs, etc, to expand the xx-node-set entity reference differently on
different occasions.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Abie Hamaoui
Sent: 08 October 2003 17:57
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] using node-set() extension function across vendors

hello again all,
I have a stylesheet that I want to be able to run using saxon
(ver.6.5/xsl-ver.1.1) and msxsl (ver.3/xsl-ver.1.0).  I want
to be able to
create variables to use as regular trees.

both vendors have a node-set() extension function, but the
problem is that
they use dif't namespaces:
msxsl:node-set() and saxon:node-set().

is there a way to define a namespace prefix <<extra>> that
will take on
dif't namespace uri's depending on a test, eg
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" or "http://icl.com/saxon";
depending on a
check of system-property()?

(I think I could just test for
function-available(msxsl:node-set) each time,
or the like, but it seems more elegant to make this
determination just
once.)

thanks in advance.
abie