xsl-list

using node-set() extension function across vendors

2003-10-08 09:57:22
hello again all,
I have a stylesheet that I want to be able to run using saxon (ver.6.5/xsl-ver.1.1) and msxsl (ver.3/xsl-ver.1.0). I want to be able to create variables to use as regular trees.

both vendors have a node-set() extension function, but the problem is that they use dif't namespaces:
msxsl:node-set() and saxon:node-set().

is there a way to define a namespace prefix <<extra>> that will take on dif't namespace uri's depending on a test, eg "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" or "http://icl.com/saxon"; depending on a check of system-property()?

(I think I could just test for function-available(msxsl:node-set) each time, or the like, but it seems more elegant to make this determination just once.)

thanks in advance.
abie