xsl-list

Re: How to: Using XSL-FOP appending two pdf byte array generated dynamically

2003-10-07 13:09:07
vinod(_dot_)agarwal(_at_)nl(_dot_)abnamro(_dot_)com wrote:
      I want to append two pdf outputs into a single pdf file. How do I do
this using FOP ?

Well, this is waaaaay off topic here, but anyway: you can't
do it this way.
Approaches:
- Somehow process your source XML files in a way which results in
 *one* FO, thereby getting the desired PDF directly. If you produce
 the FO with XSLT, check the document() function for pulling in source
 XML as well as xsl:include/xsl:import for merging the XSLT.
- Use iText or another PDF tool for merging the PDF byte streams.
 Get some hints from examples from the FOP web site (start with
 the FAQ) or take a peek at the iText tutorial and sample programs.

J.Pietschmann