xsl-list

how to insert/include the text/data in a separate (but local) .css file into an HTML O/P using XSL

2003-10-02 08:52:26
I am curious as to how I can add the .css material from a separate .css
file into the HTML <HEAD></HEAD> .

Originally I was adding a <LINK> to an external css.
But I am thinking it would better to embed the CSS stuff into the
<STYLE>
<!--
....X.....
-->
</STYLE>

of the output HTML.

Now in the place of X I would like to simply enter the entire material
from the .CSS file using XSL/XML.

Reason why I need to do this:
1. Independent CSS file that can be independently edited and modified
(inserted into the O/P on the fly)
2. Embedding the CSS stuff instead of linking to an external file will
allow us to e-mail the outputs out to people without having to worry
about multiple files or linking to an external .CSS

I tried and <xsl:include> and <xsl:import> don't work.

I read some stuff about using XML include but I am not really sure how I
can do this to "GET" external text file.

Better ways of doing this ?
Suggestions please ?

Abhishek Sanwal
HP - Houston Campus