xsl-list

RE: Handling Mixed Child Elements and Text() Nodes

2003-10-02 04:03:11
Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Brook Ellingwood
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 5:47 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Handling Mixed Child Elements and Text() Nodes

One further observation on the processor differences in this
operation (without reposting all the code). You are getting

from Saxon, but I'm getting

from MSXML3. Easy enough to find a workaround, but I thought
I'd point it out. If MSXML3 behaved the way I expected it to,
I probably would have gotten this worked out on my own two days ago.

Thanks again.

That's true. I've tested the code with msxml3, saxon and xalan and only
saxon displayed

But differences doesn't stop here, in saxon and msxml I get
But with xalan I get

Regarding to the body_subhead case, on the template named d1 change the
<xsl:otherwise> like this:
Before:
      <xsl:otherwise>
          <xsl:value-of select="$s"/>
After:
      <xsl:otherwise>
          <xsl:if test="$s"><xsl:value-of select="$s"/></xsl:if>

This will make msxml and xalan to display

Regards,
Americo Albuquerque