xsl-list

literal result elements vs. <xsl:element>

2003-10-01 09:21:40
hello,
can someone please explain what the difference is between using literal result elements and using <xsl:element>, and what pros and cons exist?

I have been using <xsl:element>, b/c it had seemed the more correct somehow, but from what I'm reading on literal result elements, they should work just as well, and they even offer the advantage of being able categorically to use attribute value templates. (-and they're in the book, so that means they're legitimate.;) ).

thanks in advance.
abie