xsl-list

Re: Dynamic Tables

2003-11-26 12:32:50
Ok, nevermind folks.  I got it to work using two variables, which I
thought I read couldn't work because variables can't be assigned different
values, and that they are more similar to "static" variables in other
languages.

Jeff

owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com wrote on 11/26/2003
11:23:42 AM:

I thought the were going to be equal because they are part of the same
context.  Is there a way to compare the pair-wise unequal $unique-rooms
say an a sibling node with similar data?  Is context part of the select

statement?  If I select //topics/topic/location am I in the location
context, if so can I compare "." to //topics/place/room data?  If not,
please explain or send some keywords about my learning deficits so I
may
be engoogled.

Jeff

owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com wrote on 11/25/2003
04:21:59 PM:

jderbyshire(_at_)caicorp(_dot_)com wrote:
<topics>
<topic>
<name>Introduction to LotusScript for Lotus Notes and
Domino</name>
<start>0800</start>
<end>1000</end>
<location>SW 1-4</location>
</topic>
 <xsl:variable name="unique-rooms"
   select="//topics/topic/location[not(. =
          preceding::location)]" />
                <xsl:for-each select="$unique-rooms">
                        <xsl:if test=". = ../location">
I don't understand
why the xsl:if is always true if I am comparing 2 different
things,
You compare two equal things. The $unique-rooms is a set of all
location
elements which are pairwise unequal. The context node for the test
expression is such an location element. The parent of this node has
exactly
one location element as child, the element which is also the context

node.
Therefore both . and ../location resolve to the same node, no
surprise
that
the comparision of their contents is always true.

J.Pietschmann