xsl-list

Re: multi-document question

2003-11-23 15:58:33

On Nov 23, 2003, at 4:55 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

But you are using xml output in which case there are only five entities
defined. (lt gt apos quot and amp) If your character data includes a <
or & then most systems will use a lt or amp entity (as opposed to
the alternative of a numeric character reference). Clearly a <
character can not be linearised as < as it would be taken as markup.

Sure, but the character entity in my test doc is a-acute. If I use this template instead, with Saxon (which complained about the document extension I was using), I get the correct output:

   <xsl:template match="mods">
        <saxon:output href="{identifier[(_at_)type='citekey']}.mods"
method="xml">
        <xsl:copy>
           <xsl:copy-of select="node()|@*"/>
        </xsl:copy>