xsl-list

Re: multi-document question

2003-11-23 14:15:47

On Nov 23, 2003, at 2:02 PM, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:

Again, here's the stylesheet as it stands:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                 xmlns:exsl="http://exslt.org/common";
                 extension-element-prefixes="exsl">
       <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"
                            ^^^^^
If you really want the entities outputted as characters, set this to "text"

This solves the character issue, but removes all markup.

If I run the following template alone I get entities converted to characters, and the XML markup is left alone, which is what I want.

 <xsl:template match="/ | @* | node()">
   <xsl:copy>
   </xsl:copy>
 </xsl:template>

If I run the template to create the separate documents, I get entities again. Why? Is it something about the document function?

Bruce