xsl-list

RE: Re: XSL in HTML

2003-11-19 09:57:21
At 12:22 AM 11/19/2003, Paul wrote:
...The other way is to transform it
dynamically.  The only way I know of is using PHP's Sablotron, which is
the built-in XSLT transformation engine....

....How do non-PHP people do it?  Someone mentioned
JavaScript, which made my blood freeze in horror...

JavaScript would not be used on the server, would it? Rather, it falls on the client-side processing side of the line.

Server-side solutions besides PHP include Apache Cocoon, which is widely used and well-liked (open source, Java-based technology), or if you like Python, 4Suite, a similarly-targeted web application server with good XSLT support and a bunch of other goodies (also open source).

Check out xml.apache.org or 4Suite.org.

What did I forget?

Cheers,
Wendell