xsl-list

Re: Outline a header

2003-11-13 02:45:02
Yep,

this works.

I am using/reading xPath from O'reilly and i got that snippet from there.

Your suggestions does the job.

I know i don' t do it the right way ;) That's i am trying to lay-out the page
with tables
1 table for the header
1 table for the body-part.
I think it is suitable, because it is just a "sort-of" spreadsheet with all
data.

Trying to get the hang of it.

Grtz,
barry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l(_dot_)delmelle(_at_)pandora(_dot_)be>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 2:31 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] Outline a header

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry van Weldam

I kinda works, but now i notice that i can't use spaces between
words i want to keep together.

any suggestions?

Notice that <fo:leader ...> won't work as expected due to the absence of a
leader-length and/or a leader-alignment attribute. (I think in the snippet
in your original post, it would yield a single space...)

What is happening due to the text-align-last attribute, is that all space on
the line is stretched so that all the contents of the fo:block take up a
full 'line'... Any fo:inline added will decrease the intermediate space.

I think, for your purpose, a small fo:table would be best suited

<fo:table table-layout="fixed" >
  <fo:table-column column-width="..." />
  <fo:table-column column-width="..." />
  <fo:table-column column-width="..." />
  <fo:table-body>
    <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
        <fo:block text-align="start">CompanyName</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
        <fo:block text-align="center">Hmmm</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
        <fo:block text-align="end">Page <fo:page-number /></fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
  </fo:table-body>
</fo:table>