xsl-list

RE: Generating xmlns attribute in root element

2003-11-12 04:13:32
I've just figured this out... spurred on by the embarrassment of having to
ask it in public ;-):

Can someone please post a small XSLT stylesheet that outputs a result tree
containing an xmlns attribute on the root element, similar to this?

I was "trying too hard" on my previous attempts.  All it took was an
exclude-result-prefixes, and a simple xmlns attribute in the template. Doh!

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
exclude-result-prefixes="html">
<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" indent="yes"
omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<head/>
<ul>