xsl-list

Re: converting XML to XML problem

2003-11-11 14:32:39
Hi Wendell,
Yes now I get what you were saying. But the white
space is before
"&" and not as "&   amp;" so I do not see any
reason why

<xsl:text> &amp;</xsl:text> should not work the same
way as
<xsl:text>&amp;</xsl:text>.
The only thing that may happen is that there will be
an extra space in the output xml if I am correct.
Help me understand if you think I did not catch what
you are trying to say.
Thanks,
Abhi

--- Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
Abhi,

If you compare the two examples, you will see that
one has whitespace
around the "&_amp;" character.

"&_foo;" (without the _) is an entity reference
(assuming, of course, it's
been declared as such). But

"&
      foo;"

is not.

The xsl:text instruction copies its data content to
the output -- data
content including whitespace. Whitespace is not
stripped inside xsl:text;
this is a feature. You need to mind that it doesn't
create a bug.

Cheers,
Wendell