xsl-list

RE: access preceding record

2003-11-11 07:01:49
I couldn't bring this to work, Jarno.

Your snippet says: "any time you see a record, copy it to output including
descendents. Add an element stop and set its value to the value of the
preceding record/start element.". Right?

But it won't do that.

And I do not know where to start and how to debug this.

However, the missing point in my thought was "preceding::record[1]" or
"../preceding-sibling::record[1]" in order to reference the preceding
record.

Rolf

Hi,

A sortet set of records - each containing one value -
should be transformed into the same number of records
with two values where the second value is that from the
preceding record.

[snip]

Can you think of a transformation?
In which direction I have to think?

  <xsl:template match="record">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
      <stop>
        <xsl:value-of select="preceding::record[1]/start"/>
      </stop>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="@* | node()">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

Cheers,

Jarno - Revolution By Night: Faithless (by Ronan Harris)