xsl-list

AW: not having all the children of an element in the output

2003-12-30 05:24:55
hi,
the trick is to define an empty stylesheet for "note":

<xsl:template match="p | term">
        <xsl:element name="{name()}">
                <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="note"/>

the first template simply copies (or better constructs anew) the elements p and
term and then processes all contained elements/text. the 2nd does nothing, so
effectively the "note" elements and all their children elements/text will be
stripped from the output.
i used the following xml and hope its what you meant, your example was not
wellformed:

chris